Engineered U-Nut Clips
Alpha’s patented Engineered U-Nut Clips are designed for the future of fastening. A replacement for the extruded threaded barrel fastener and weld nut, Alpha’s Engineered U-Nut Clips utilizes pre-heat treated steel formed with thinner material gauges, a larger clamping surface and Property Class 10 hard nuts. In circumstances where composites, carbon fiber, plastic, and newer hot formed grades of steel are replacing traditional steels, it attaches components without fastener welding or adhesive processes. A value-added product, the Engineered U-Nut Clip reduces installation costs, simplifies assembly and service events, eliminates fastener related joint failure, reduces and even eliminates waste. Alpha’s Engineered U-Nut Clips can be found across vehicle platforms securing fenders, bumpers, chassis assemblies, doors, and interior components and is finding its place in alternate industries.
- FEA Analysis used extensively as a product design development tool for efficient and robust part design
- Patented design incorporates full-size Property Class 10 nuts
- Lightweight with maximum product strength and minimal production material waste
- Longer performance life with waste-reducing 3x use capability
- Ergonomic design for easy install and removal-even in restricted areas
- Attaches components without fastener welding or adhesive processes as applicable to a wide array of ferrous and non-ferrous materials
- Clamp strength meets certified published clamp and proof load standards and published fastener standards for prevailing torque 3rd on and 3rd off
- M4-M16 sizes that meet universal standard footprint for U-Nut Clip applications
Series 5000 Hex Flange U-Nut Clip
The next generation of clip on fastener for use in product assembly and component attachment is the Alpha Series 5000 Hex Flange U-Nut Clip. This patented product uses Property Class 10 hex flange nuts which meet published fastener performance standards for superior strength, dimensional stability and overall durability. The Series 5000 clips are also uniquely suited for use in advanced material applications when welded attachments are impossible.
Series 6000 Pierce U-Nut Clip
The same innovative engineering found in the Series 5000 clips was utilized in the development of the Series 6000 patented products. Offering robust performance in smaller fastening sizes, Alpha’s Series 6000 patented Pierce U-Nut Clips use Property Class 10 pierce nuts that meet published industry performance standards for superior strength, dimensional stability and overall durability. The Series 6000 clips are also uniquely suited for use in advanced material applications when welded attachments are impossible.
Please call 734-523-1000